Friday, April 20, 2018

Highschool

This post is also dedicated to Mary Reeder. Most of these I did with her, although there are a few that were done while finishing up my senior year in Tennessee. I owe her my love of art and she is at the base of all my inspiration. I will say that the majority of my high school art work was stolen right before the move. These are the ones that survived.

Each picture was meant to be a part of my personality. I don't think I could tell you what each of them meant now, but I know that the purple was meant to say that deep down, I'm a city girl. 

Ink study






Maybe this was to depict that I'm a drop of water in a storm. Teenagers are so dramatic...



This is Robert Frost's poem, "Fire and Ice."

This painting was to depict my grief over my brother, Joseph, who died when I was 16.



This is my neice, Kate. I never finished it... Sorry, Joel and Karen! I eventually will pick this up again and give it to you.

This was actually done during my freshman year at BYU



This was our backyard in Tennessee


No comments:

Post a Comment