Friday, April 20, 2018

Childhood Artwork

This post is entirely credited to Mary Reeder. I think every one of these paintings were done in her studio. There are some very interesting, cute, and somewhat embarrassing paintings of my childhood. I think it gives you a little look into my young self. I may have been a little dramatic...




This was a finger painting done after my sister's friend, who we informally adopted into our family, committed suicide. I remember saying that I was in the middle of the dark and I wanted to get out into the light. I was 13




This was my very first oil painting.



This is where I started to fall in love with texture. This was done with a pallet knife, something that I still use in a lot of my paintings. 


I admit, I had a morbid side of me. I decided to do the death of Joseph Smith for a religious art competition. 


This might have been the first pallet knife painting.






Another pallet knife painting.



My first dry pastel.


WWII carrier pigeon.


This is Joan of Arc, who was my childhood hero. Well, lets be honest, she still is my hero.

This was meant to depict the veterans who fought and died for us. 



And this for everyone to smile at because it is so ridiculous and crazy that I even painted it. I cringe each time I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment